Connor is an unorganized township in Aroostook County, organized as a plantation in 1877 from Letter K township, otherwise known as Letter K R2 or T15 R2. It then annexed land from Caribou in 1881, and was organized “for assessment of taxes” several times: 1883, 1892, and 1896.
On July 12, 1913 Connor was incorporated as a town. But the pressures of the Great Depression and World War II resulted in the surrender of its status as a town on March 30, 1945. (Connor’s population had peaked at 729 in 1940 and dropped to 630 in 1950.) Since then it has been governed by the state as a township.